Whoa! 2 months + 29 posts = 3 awards + 44 followers + 1,050 plus hits, now that’s an equation that doesn’t give me constipation. During the past week, my blog has been nominated for 3 awards (I repeat 3 awards!!) by my dear fellow bloggers. No matter how hard I try to make this post humorous, my sentimental side will get the best of me. So why bother!?
Let me start off with the 2 awards (Sunshine & The Versatile blogger award) that was passed on to me by TRANQUIL yet alive, a.k.a Anoop, the DUDE! (http://anooppillaiz.wordpress.com/)
There are rules to writing this post and God knows how much I follow that ‘r’ word. But what the heck!
Giving recognition to someone who hides behind her laptop screen and writes anonymously (which I call proudly my secret super hero identity) is a big deal! and Anoop has given me just that – Recognition. Thank you my dear friend for nominating me and most importantly finding me worthy of this nomination. This makes my secret super hero identity all the more mysterious and intriguing (I hope!). Also Anoop I am thanking you because 20% – its a requirement and 80% – you’re awesome 😛
The rules of the Awards are:
1. Answer 10 questions, which I answer;
2. Thank the person who nominated you for the award;
3. Nominate 10 deserving bloggers; and
4. Place the award on the blog.
1. Favorite food – Biryani, Pizza/Pasta or a bowl of Oatmeal, depending on tomorrow’s workout routine.
2. Favorite actor(s) – Johnny Depp, Sandra Bullock, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Bruce Willis, Michael Richards, Suriya, Farhan Akhtar, Paresh Rawal, Rajnikanth and Naseerudin Shah.
3. Favorite TV show – This question cannot have just one favorite. It’s not possible. I am a TV show junkie and I have watched them all – the good, the bad and the ugly and there are many shows that deserve a place here. But if you put a gun to my head and ask me to choose my all time favorites, then it will be Seinfeld, Friends, Spartacus, The Sopranos, House of Cards, Prison Break, The Big Bang Theory and Tom & Jerry. Current favorites – Penny Dreadful, Veep and Banshee.
4. Favorite tear jerker – I don’t know if favorite is the right word here, but I was a mess for days after reading about Eddard Stark’s beheading in The Song of Ice and Fire.
5. Favorite sport – Hot muscular guys, wearing shorts and kicking balls for 90 mins and I’m not talking about WWE.
6. Lucky number – I have no idea, but it’s not 8 for sure, so I’ve been told.
7. Tea or Coffee – Tea is for sissies.
8. Holidays – The ones that come on Fridays and/or Mondays.
9. Twitter or Facebook – It’s mostly Quora, WordPress and Goodreads.
10. Favorite Christmas movie – It’s a Wonderful Life & Jack Frost.
Check out these blogs! It’s a mixture of young talent and experienced pros’.
Now, moving on to The Liebster award. Different rules, but same sentiment. My blog was nominated for this award by La Sua Principessa a.k.a. The Princess of the blogging community (http://lasuaprincipessa.wordpress.com/). She, like me has a secret super hero identity (I think all cool people do!). I read her posts as and when she publishes them and I have to say, she is one courageous soul who documents all her personal experiences. It really takes a different kind of strength to face your emotions, let alone publish it for the world to read so hat’s off to you princess and thank you so very much for nominating me for this award. It means a lot!
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
1.Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog;
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees;
3. Nominate small (no more than 200 followers) blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they have been chosen;
4. Display the Liebster Award logo; and
5. No tag-backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
11 facts about myself:
1. This is my 2nd blog (1st blog is deleted). Only a handful of my close friends know about this blog. My family members do not.
2. I love to eat, sleep and repeat.
3. When I was a teenager, I always wanted to be a boy but that’s not the case anymore.
4. I have 4 apple products but after recently shifting to Android, my love for IOS has diminished.
5. My 2014 Goodreads challenge is to read 100 books. Because “life” happened, I’m currently on book 6.
6. I have been taking the same train everyday to work but not once have I taken the same train back home.
7. The thought of ‘change’ scares me.
8. By the time I turn 50, I would want to have published at least 1 book.
9. I want to quit my job.
10. I have an older brother who I look up to and want to trade lives with.
11. I can go through an entire day without peeing. Now that’s something!
Q. Why did you start blogging?
A. I needed to have something that I can call my own. Another reason was to use this blog as ‘net practice’ for the real match someday in the future hopefully before I turn 50.
Q. What is your all time favorite song?
A. You may have noticed that I don’t have a single favorite for anything but if I really think hard, it has to be from the Rocky IV -movie soundtrack (Eye of the tiger, Burning heart, Hearts on fire and No easy way out)
Q. Your favorite travel destination and why?
A. I hate to admit this but I haven’t really been around that much although I claim to love traveling, which is a fact I can prove with my obsession of learning new languages that I can use when I visit that country someday. As of now, I loved my trip to Munnar with my family.
Q. Marriage or live-in relationships and why?
A. Initially live-in but ultimately marriage. Loving someone and living with someone are two different things. I went on a business trip for a week and living with my colleague (who I love), I learned 5 quirky facts about her, one of which was waking up at 4 A.M. and spending the next 2 hours in the bathroom . The change in lifestyle and the process of adapting to someone sharing your personal space requires time and what better way to create that arrangement than a live-in relationship. But of course this depends on the integrity of the parties involved.
Q. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
A. My need for other people’s approval.
Q. Dogs or cats and why?
A. Dogs, because they are not cats.
Q. How would you describe your childhood?
A. A happy childhood but missed out on many things.
Q. Tell us a little about your first crush
A. I was a sucker for ‘bad’ boys with sleeve tattoos, who smoked and didn’t care whether their hair was properly set. There was one such bad boy in my building back in my teen days. Didn’t really do anything about it even though I found out that he had a crush on me as well. Yea yea call me a chicken!
Q. Has your life so far turned out to be as you had planned/wished?
A. If I was given an opportunity to live my life again, there would be of course many things I would do differently but that’s the beauty of life right! you don’t get 2nd chances. All I can say is – So far so good. Hoping for better.
Q. If you won a lottery, what would you do with all that extra money?
A. Depends on how much I won, but this is the order of spending:
1. Buy a house for my parents in South India;
2. Give my brother and bhabs a proper honeymoon they deserve;
3. Buy a car for myself because I don’t want to see another train for the rest of my life;
4. Go to Europe and watch Chelsea vs. Man Utd.
5. Go to Tomorrowland with a group of friends.
Q. Do you blog anonymously or with your real name and why?
A. You know the answer to part 1 by now. As for part ‘why?’, I like to write freely without having to face judgment or criticism from people I know. Also my sense of humor contains explicit references, which again is something that attracts condemnation and ‘wannabe’ accusations.
11 questions for my nominees:
1. If you’re a reader, then who is your favorite author and if you’re not a reader, then why don’t you like reading?
2. If you were made the Prime Minister of India for a week, what changes would you bring about?
3. Which movie character would you want to play and why?
4. Describe a funny incident.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. If someone called your blog *insert something mean, rude and false*, how would you react?
7. How would you describe your sense of humor?
8. Mr. Beans or Charlie Chaplin and why?
9. Who is that ‘one phone call’ you would make from prison and why?
10. What is that one myth you desperately wish was true and why?
11. Which is your favorite ‘Indian humor’ post and why? (see what I just did there? now they have to read all my blogposts, choose a favorite one and also flatter me with compliments…muahahaha)
All these bloggers deserve more readers and followers.
So now that I’ve bagged 3 WordPress awards, let me go and update my Résumé.
Subscribe for more Indian humor.