For people seeking attention, birthdays seem to be well received. For someone like me who hates the spot light and the scrutiny that comes with it, birthdays are a big pain in the behind. This is why I don’t look forward to my birthday –
1. Not being allowed by social norms to sleep before 12 A.M. because apparently my friends are still in the 2nd grade.
2. Answering calls and making small talk with everyone, including the lovely sales representative from HDFC bank (they understand my world).
3. Getting birthday wishes from unknown numbers and feeling awkward to reply, “who’s this?” so saving that number as “Pehchan kaun” and checking the profile pic on WhatsApp to identify the sender. *gosh the things I do to escape interaction*
4. Getting gifts from friends, which in turn creates an obligation for you to give them a gift on their birthday. *don’t give me that look, you know what I’m talking about*
5. And the most important reason being, you can’t skip taking a shower on your birthday. You just can’t.
Well, today is my birthday and I can assure you one thing – I smell really good.
Subscribe for more Indian humor.